Jonathan and Shelly

Jonathan and Shelly

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Weird or Coincidental?

After our adoption orientation in October I had this really strong feeling that the birth mother of our future baby had conceived. I told a few friends this and told my mother in law what I thought. Some thought it was a little strange, but then again I am a strange bird. I have always been told I am sensitive to people's feelings and might be a little over sensitive to others emotions. I just had this strange feeling that our baby is already conceived and a birth mom is pregnant out there with our child.

Jonathan and I have been joking in private that we will most likely get a baby when he is in California for Dallas Cowboys training camp. Not that that is a problem, but you know how it goes. Just as an example: you want that new job that pays more you do not get the phone call you have been waiting on so you decide to go on vacation out of the state. Just as you are getting on the plane that employer calls and wants you to start tomorrow or you are already in that state and get the call. Luckily, Jonathan's employer is great and willing to fly him home if that is the case.

Then something weird happened last night. Our friend Loyd looked right at me and said " I had a vision that your baby was born on August 9th." I looked at Jonathan and asked him if he had told Loyd about our "funny inside joke" that we would get a baby in August. He said no he had not told him. On a side not, I think people who have visions are tied into their faith greater than most. They see things differently than people who do not have visions. I hope one day to be one of the few people I have met who have visions. It was just all to weird that Loyd had said that.

I got home last night and got ready for bed. I started thinking back to what Loyd said then remembered back to last October. August 9 is exactly 10 months or 40 weeks from last October when I had first thought our baby was conceived. I get chill bumps thinking about this. Of course I am not putting all of my hope into this date at all. I just think its interesting how things work together and can come full circle. Weird or Coincidental?

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome, Shelly! I hope your "feeling" is right! That would be so cool! You know I have an August baby too!
    I love this scripture - James 1:5-6 "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."
    Keep asking and believing in faith!

    ReplyDelete