Jonathan and Shelly

Jonathan and Shelly

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This is not a diary...

I had an epiphany today with the help of a good friend. I have been writing to this blog for about 2 months. The original reason for this blog was for educational purposes for family, friends and even people I do not know from far away. As I began this journey I was not sure where God was going to lead me or how He was going to use me. It started to become clear to me as everywhere I went there seemed to be someone who was interested/looking to/considering adoption but just did not know where to start. I started thinking "What stage can I use to help people with adoption questions?" Then I met Kathryn at church. She works in the adoption world and knows the in's and out's. We formed a team and are working on setting up a group at church that meets quarterly to discuss adoption. We are both very excited about this endeavor. So, that kinda fixes my need and want to help people with adoption.

Everytime I write a new blog I send our family members and close friends an email that just lets them know a new blog has been written. I also make a posting on Facebook so our friends can look if they want to. I do this because this blog is probably not something most people check daily. I have been wondering why the comments, questions, and messages suddenly stopped about 6 weeks ago. It was brought to my attention that this blog could be seen as a diary. Most people do not know what to say or write if they think its a diary. I did just want to be upfront and honest and let everyone know this is not a diary/journal/private deal. This is meant for everyone to enjoy, document, learn, and fellowship with. Please send us your comments, prayers, and questions. To me the biggest need, other than prayers, are encouraging words. Sometimes this journey can have its up's and down's. We need all the encouraging words we can get. :)

I hope that after September 30th this blog will start becoming more interesting with start of the real deal: Home Study. We are excited to get this going, but we have a lot to do before then.

This is one of my favorite Bible verses and my personal favorite book of The Bible.
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." Ephesians 4:2



1 comment:

  1. I don't have a lot of words to give, since I've never gone through the process of adoption or even seen anyone do it. But, I'm glad to see you two doing it. You'll both make wonderful parents and I wish you all the best. :)

    ReplyDelete