Jonathan and Shelly

Jonathan and Shelly

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cupcakes for our Cupcake



My friend Tori shared with me a link today about a writer named Julie Gumm. She wrote a book called Four Plus More. This book shows you how to adopt debt free. If you may or may not know adoption is not cheap and in this day and age every penny counts. Did you know that adoption can cost in between the range of $20,000 to $30,000 to adopt domestically? Insurances do not help with adoption planning like they do with maternity or family planning, but the government does give a 1 time $13,100 tax credit for adoption per child. Dave Ramsey interviewed Julie Gumm about her book and she gave some great advice in her interview. Here is the link if you would like to read it. One of her ideas is a fund raiser. That got my wheels turning. What can I do to fund raise? Where can I use my skill set to help offset costs?

With that being said, Jonathan and I were talking tonight about this. We started tossing back ideas and he came up with a glorious idea. Cupcakes for Our Cupcake. Well, I added the "our" part. ;) Had to throw that in. Its in the beginning stage of development, but basically since I can not legally sale cupcakes out of our house; sanitation and safety problems, we would take orders for cupcakes and accept donations for them. I have asked a few peoples advice on it and also asked for some help for web marketing, but we will see if this will be a fruitful endeavor. Maybe it will, maybe it will not, but at least I will be having fun making cupcakes.

Do I have any volunteers for making cupcakes? These will be your basic chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, red velvet etc cupcakes with icing. If you want to add more flair that up to you. We would be grateful for any volunteers wishing to help or anyone who would like to donate their time to help make cupcakes.

Please leave me your feedback on the subject. I would love to hear your opinions on the subject.

Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm the first person to comment on this entire blog, but wish you guys the best of luck (as if you didn't know that already). Let us know if we can help in any way. I know you'll be AWESOME parents. We'd love to share the parental trials, accomplishments, and downfalls with you while raising our son as well. Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about helping with cupcake making! I'll starting looking up fun, unique ideas right now. As for marketing, not really my forte. However, I'd say FB is a great place to start. If the big corporations are using FB for marketing, why not little endeavors as well?

    ReplyDelete