Jonathan and Shelly

Jonathan and Shelly

Friday, June 24, 2011

Patience





I hate to admit this, but I am an impatient person. I am sure most of us are, but when something exciting and new comes along I cant help but jump for joy and get immediate satisfaction. Are we not all that way? Maybe, but I for one need to learn to be patient during this time. I was reading another persons blog about her adoption process and on one of her children she called it the "conception" period. Conception meaning from start of adoption; IE applications and meetings, to placement of the baby. Her "conception" period for her first child was 19 months. WHOA! That sounds like a long time right? Not really in the eyes of adoption agencies. We are doing a private infant adoption which can take awhile to be matched. By awhile I mean 12-24 months. I am going to pray for a quicker match but I understand that patience is a virtue.


The next step is to get the application back to the agency. I am hoping that the application is in the mailbox when I get home. I will work on that this weekend and send it back on Monday.


We are working on the house to get it ready for the home study we will have to do eventually. Jonathan has been hard at work on the living room. He has been painting and making it beautiful. I need to clean out the closets and get rid of a lot of stuff. Organization will be key and I need to get organized. GO US! ;)


I promise to update this blog with information as soon as we receive it and I will email you all when I do make an update so you can check in with us.






No comments:

Post a Comment